We had a great time and received some down-to-earth words of wisdom at the event. Here’s a summary for those of you who couldn’t attend.
Our Series Topic: Finding and Managing IT Talent
Wisdom bits from our panelists:
- The Unicorn (someone who can do it all) does not exist! So how do you effectively grow your business using what does exist? Our panelists discussed steps to take including: find a leader that fits the culture, get a blend of mid-level techs, and outsource the experts (including fractional project managers, CTO’s and CIO’s for making more complicated assessments and decisions.
- Business continuity – Get informed about who and how you are managing data, storage/cloud, back up and risks. Employees without a policy are the greatest risk.
- Software and applications – Start with the end in mind and have a plan to get you there. Don’t build what you need as you grow unless you have that plan in place.
- Budgeting and planning IT Investments – Make sure your IT Resources (internal or vendor) know where the business is headed strategically. Technology is now that backbone of nearly all business functions.
- Performance of the business – At some point, all companies need help! Rather than build, develop and manage all the internal tech resources yourself (which can drain your valuable resources of money and time) get help so you can focus on your business
We want to send out a special thanks to our sponsor, TPx Communications.
If you weren’t able to join us for our summer series, check back for our next event in October. Visit our Tech Education Events page to stay up-to-date on all our events.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.