The latest IT industry reports reveal that smartphone sales continue to surpass PC sales, and the trend is only getting stronger. Increasing numbers of businesses are embracing remote connectivity and its multiple benefits, and employees are happy to adopt the bring your own device (BYOD) to work model. Others may choose to use company-issued mobile devices to conduct day-to-day business.
The PROS to this developing trend:
- increased employee productivity
- improved efficiency resulting from immediate and remote access to company networks
The CONS fall mostly on employers. Mobile devices are often lost or stolen. Or an employee simply exercises poor judgment and uses a mobile device in an unsafe way. Either way, employers are the ones required to manage the undeniable risks of exposure of company data.
- Enroll all employee and company-owned mobile devices via SMS text, email, QR code or URL
- Configure and apply corporate settings for Exchange, Wi-Fi, VPN, LDAP and third party email
- Configure and enforce security policies, including passcode complexity requirements, device auto-lock and number of failed passcode attempts before a device wipe
- Instantly lock or wipe mobile devices in the event a mobile device is lost or stolen
- Ensure your IT networks remains secure from security breaches
- Configure and enforce corporate policies, including restricting access to explicit media and the use of voice dialing or voice assistant apps
Manage all employee and company-owned mobile devices, protect data integrity and control employee behavior with the features and functionality available in the following service plan:
Complete MDM Service Plan
Available for a low monthly, per device fee!
This plan includes:
- compilation of all relevant data,
- device security and services
- implementation of necessary policies and procedures for adequate management and control